Today, with rising healthcare cost, labor shortage, and changing billing regulations, providers are struggling to maintain efficient yet cost-effective billing operations. Psychiatry billing is one area where providers are facing some of the most acute billing challenges.
Understanding psychiatry and its billing complications
Psychiatry is a specialty of medicine that deals with the treatment and prevention of mental, emotional and behavioral disorders. Psychiatrists diagnose and treat a wide range of conditions, like Alzheimer’s disease, anxiety, depression, mood disorders, and many more.
In fact, in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), experts have reviewed, and modified periodically in response to new information and understanding of mental dysfunction, and have categorized mental disorders into 20 broad sections:
- Neurodevelopmental disorders, including intellectual disabilities, spectrum disorder, autism, ADHD, and tic disorders such as Tourette’s syndrome
- Dissociative disorders
- Somatic symptoms and related disorders, including illness anxiety disorder (hypochondria)
- Feeding and eating disorders
- Paraphilic disorders, including voyeurism, exhibitionism, and fetishistic disorder
- Medication-induced disorders, including tardive dyskinesia
- Schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders
- Elimination disorders, including enuresis (bedwetting)
- Sleep-wake disorders, including narcolepsy
- Sexual dysfunctions, including desire, arousal, and erectile disorders
- Gender dysphoria conditions
- Disruptive, impulse control, and conduct disorders
- Substance-related and addictive disorders
- Neurocognitive disorders including Alzheimer’s disease
- Bipolar disorders
- Depressive disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- OCD, including hoarding and trichotillomania, or hair-pulling
- Trauma and stressor-related disorders
- Relational problems, abuse and neglect, and partner violence
In view of such a wide variety, psychiatry billing requires service-specific evaluation and management codes. It is essential that psychiatrists understand the nuances of this complex billing affair to maximize reimbursement, reduce denials and avoid payer audits. This is why it pays to have a knowledgeable billing partner like Sunknowledge Services Inc. to handle all billing matters.
Being thoroughly updated on the latest coding guidelines, billing requirements and reimbursement caveats, Sunknowledge is the perfect partner in your journey toward achieving complete excellence in psychology billing.
Customized action plan for Psychiatry billing from Sunknowledge
Consistently helping mental health practices maximize their revenue for the last 15+ years, we have emerged today as a trusted name in resolving all complications in Psychiatry billing.
With a dedicated team of skilled billers, certified coders, AR recovery experts, denial management professionals and other Revenue Cycle Management experts – all trained to offer fast, accurate and cutting-edge solutions – we are uniquely empowered to improve revenue generation for Psychiatric practices of every shape and size.
Helping you worry less about billing and focus more on patient care, our thoughtful range of services in Psychiatry billing includes:
- New Patient Entry
- Eligibility and Benefits Verification
- Prior Authorization
- Medical Coding
- Claims Submission
- Rejection Management
- Payment Posting
- Accounts Receivables Follow-up
- Denial Management
- Customer Service
What makes us unique
- Reducing operational cost by 80% immediately
- Offering the highest productivity metrics in the industry
- Unmatched accuracy rate of 99.9% that drastically reduces billing and coding errors
- Shrinking the Accounts Receivable bucket by 30% within 1 month
- Dedicated Account Manager for complete assistance
- Robust reporting according to the client’s protocol (daily/weekly/monthly)
- No FICA, paid holidays, or other medical benefits to worry about
In short, we provide customized billing solutions designed to minimize accounts receivable days, reduce denials, and maximize collections. We welcome you to experience true excellence in Psychiatry billing. Schedule a free call today and let’s talk.