Sunknowledge Services Inc is located in the educational and cultural capital of India, Kolkata , known as a the “city of joy”! The unique blend of Eastern and Western cultural influences over the centuries has stimulated the cosmopolitan fabric of the city, making it cultural epicenter of the country.
It is well ahead than any other megacity in Asia with its heritage, contribution to the Indian society with its literary and artistic pursuits. As a city of progressive learning & thinking, Kolkata remains at the vanguard of artistic, cultural, literary initiatives across the country.
The city is the capital of the State of West Bengal. There was a time when Gopal Krishna Gokhale rightfully remarked “What Bengal thinks today, India thinks tomorrow”!
It has always been a land of poets, philosophers, reformers, historians, linguistics, scientists, Nobel laureates, freedom fighters, musicians and men of eminence in the field of cinema, performing arts, music & theatre. In fact, five Noble Prize Winners have been associated with Kolkata:
- Sir Ronald Ross (1902 Medicine)
- Rabindranath Tagore (1913, first Asian to win Noble prize)
- CV Raman (1930 Physics)
- Mother Teresa (1979 Peace)
- Amartya Sen ( 1998 Economics)
Kolkata, is surely the “Knowledge Capital” of Asia with schools, colleges, universities , centers of excellence that have a glorious past, strong present and state of the art infrastructure. The city have over five hundred colleges and excellent educational institutions.
- The Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur is a public institution established by the government of India in 1951. Indeed, it was the first of the IIT’s that was established and is recognized as an “Institute of National Importance” by the Government of India.
- The Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Calcutta is ranked as the best B-school from Asia in the FT Masters in Management Global Rankings.
- The University of Calcutta is a collegiate public state university located in Kolkata and was established on 24th January 1857. It was the first institution in Asia to be established as a multidisciplinary and secular Western style university. The Nobel laureates associated with the University are : Rabindranath Tagore, CV Raman & Amartya Sen.
A unique city in all aspects
- Kolkata (Calcutta) was the first capital of India
- Kolkata (Calcutta) has the first Port of India
- 6 out of the 7 Nobel Laureates are from Kolkata (Calcutta)
- The National Poet of the country was from Kolkata (Calcutta)
- National Anthem/ Song of India originated in Kolkata (Calcutta)
- Swami Vivekananda, the youth inspiration is from Kolkata (Calcutta)
- Kolkata (Calcutta)has the largest library of India
- Kolkata (Calcutta)has the largest museum of India
- Kolkata (Calcutta)is the only city where tram still runs as a public transport
- The largest cricket stadium, Eden Gardens is from Kolkata (Calcutta)
- India’s & Asia’s largest football stadium is from Kolkata (Calcutta)
- Shibpur Botanical garden of Kolkata is the largest in India
- Alipore Zoo, Kolkata is the largest zoo of Kolkata (Calcutta)
- Calcutta Medical College is the biggest in India
- The first university of India, Calcutta University is from Kolkata (Calcutta)
- The only Indian film director to win an Oscar, Satyajit Ray is from Kolkata (Calcutta)
- Sushmita Sen of Kolkata (Calcutta) was the first Miss Universe of India.
- Kolkata (Calcutta) owns the largest race course in India
- Calcutta cricket club is the oldest in India
- Metro rail as a public transport started for the first time in India in Kolkata (Calcutta)
- Kolkata (Calcutta) is the only city of India on which the whole bollywood industry depends when it comes for music and direction
- Kolkata (Calcutta) has a unique reputation of eminent scientists & doctors , the best of India
- Howrah Station is the biggest railway station of India
- Sealdah Station is the busiest station of India
- Calcutta Port is the only riverine port of India
- Howrah Bridge is the only cantilever bridge in India
- Royal Calcutta Golf Club is the largest of its kind in India
- College Street is the largest second handbook market of India
The city brings in quality, productive and skilled manpower at the cheapest price. Sunknowledge Services Inc takes pride in the fact that it has the finest pool of resources around. The city offers flexibility, great food cuisines and last but not the least a home to live in for everyone!