- April 28, 2022
- Posted by: Josh Knoll
- Categories: DME Billing, DME Billing Services
As a DME provider, you patients share their most valuable information with you, their health and financial data. They trust you to help them live a healthier life. The trend towards digitization, electrical documentation and access to easy documentation raises a pertinent question, how can you continue protecting privacy of patients? Data breaches are becoming prevalent every year.
The US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) reported on security breaches being well over 600 only in the year 2020. Who should manage the patient information for you as a DMESPOS supplier is a surefire question that needs transparent answer.
What to expect in a 2022 DME Billing Partner?
You need the able intervention of an expert vendor that can allow you to make use of your resources, eliminate any practice management loopholes that might cost you money. Moreover, your vendor should know how to bill for dme?
- Also, the team who will be working as your extension aware of the present day billing standards? As a Durable Medical Equipment (DME) provider, you need answers to all of the following questions.
What should you look for in a DME Billing Team?
Making sure that you are well placed with your reimbursement dictates should be the need of the hour. However, finding a solution centric medical billing partner can be a difficult find. To start off, you need someone of quality that can improve your practice management efforts in the best possible manner.
- Knowledge of DME billing guidelines: The ideal partner should be well versed with the changing regulations, mandates across the DMEPOS industry. The experts should be competent enough to extend support systems with confidence and consistency.
- Customized approach in reporting: The ideal DME coding and billing team must be able to handle your specific reporting needs. They should be able to deliver composite results that helps them work according to your protocols, extend quality support meeting your billing reporting best practices.
- Proficient across multiple DME software systems: The DME billing Services Company should be aware of all the software systems in use. Also they should know how to work with multiple Durable Medical Equipment (DME) billing software systems and should know how to add value with their specialized intervention.
- Ability to work as an operational arm: The Company offering DME billing services must be well versed with all the practices followed by individual DMEPOS suppliers. The company should be able to give a tangible roadmap to their clients on how they will solve a proven business challenge. It should give a clear idea on how the company will work just as an extension and will be a resource pool for their clients.
- Excellent industry references: Working with some of the largest DMEPOS suppliers, the company must take pride in delivering competent support at next door rates. In short the company must give you excellent references on who are their clients in the DMEPOS space.
If you are looking for a serious medical billing partner, work with Sunknowledge. We deliver tailored support in DME billing at just $7 per hour. We make your story a lot easier and help you earn a competitive advantage at these inflation times.